|Prep Time:||30 min|
- 2 Tablespoons Rosemary Garlic
- 7 ounces tofu
- ½ cup (120ml) sauerkraut brine (see note)
- ¼ cup non diary whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) white miso
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces king oyster mushrooms, stems and caps sliced into 1/2-inch
- 1 pound dry spaghetti or penne
In a blender, combine Newell Rosemary Garlic, tofu, sauerkraut brine, whipping cream, miso, paprika, and vinegar. Blend at high speed until a very smooth, silky sauce forms. Season with salt. Add 1/4 cup olive oil and blend in at low speed just until emulsified.
In a large sauté pan, heat remaining 1/4 cup olive oil over medium-high.. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until browned, about 6 minutes.
In a pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until soft. Transfer pasta to pan with mushrooms, reserving pasta-cooking water. Pour on just enough creamy sauce to coat all the pasta, then add about 1/4 cup (60ml) pasta-cooking water. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sauce forms a silky glaze that coats pasta.