- 1 tablespoon NEWELL CILANTRO LIME
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium sweet peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch strips
- ½ stick of butter
Mix shrimp with NEWELL CILANTRO LIME & fajita seasoning; Set aside.
Slowly stir grits into boiling water. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted; stir in milk. Keep warm.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers cook and stir until tender and pepper edges are slightly charred. Add butter and shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp turn pink, 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
Spoon grits into serving bowls; top with shrimp mixture.