|Prep Time:||25 min|
- 2 tablespoons Newell Rosemary Garlic
- 1 ½ pounds fingerling potatoes (such as La Ratte or Russian Banana), cut into 1/2-inch disks
- ½ pound yukon gold potatoes (about 1 large), peeled, quartered lengthwise, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Kosher salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained, and roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves
Place potatoes, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon vinegar, and 3 cups tepid water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally until salt is dissolved. Reduce to a bare simmer and cook until potatoes are completely tender and show no resistance when poked with a paring knife or cake tester, about 17 minutes. Drain potatoes, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. Immediately toss potato pieces with 1/2 tablespoon vinegar and set aside.
Combine reserved cooking liquid with Newell Rosemary Garlic, remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, mustard, relish, sugar in a large bowl. Add 5 to 6 pieces of cooked Yukon gold potato. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Whisking constantly, add 3 tablespoons olive oil. Fold in capers, celery, parsley, and potatoes. Season to taste with salt and more sugar if desired.
Ready to serve.