|Prep Time:||30 min|
- 2 Tablespoons Newell Original
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes packed in juice
- ½ cup non dairy whipping cream
- ½ cup of Kosher salt
- Garnish: Minced chives, basil, or parsley
- Toasted bread or grilled cheese for serving
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high Add Newell Original, whipping cream, and tomatoes. Roughly mash tomatoes with a whisk or a potato masher. Add 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
Transfer half of soup to the jar of a blender. Blend soup, starting at low speed and gradually increasing to high. With blender running on high, gradually trickle in half of remaining olive oil. Season soup to taste with salt. Transfer to a large bowl and repeat with remaining half of soup and olive oil. Ladle into individual serving bowls, top with minced herbs, drizzle with more olive oil, and serve with toast or grilled cheese.